Saturday, June 12, 2010

Another Reason To Save Small Scraps of Wood


Now like most of you guys I have heard my share of " do you really need them little blocks of wood" yeah! yes I do and I'll tell you why. You see these little blocks are hickory and them are apple and these over here are pecan and I have been saving them from jobs for years and in the summer when we cook out I use them on the grill to add a nice smoky flavor to the meat I grill, and in the late summer and fall, when I hunt and fish, I use them in a smoker to the smoke the fish and game, that I get.

On occasion I even find a woodworking project to do with some of them blocks like the marking gage I'm making, and then sometimes the kid in me just likes to play with the blocks, like this week when me and my youngest grandson just dumped them out on the porch and had us a good old fashion good time stacking them up and then knocking them down with his big-foot toy trucks, so you see I  really do need them blocks of wood.


No comments: